Visit the Izumibashi Shuzo sake brewery to learn all about this unique beverage directly from those involved in its craft. The focus of the tour will vary according to the seasonal stage of the production process, however all participants will return with expanded knowledge about and appreciation for this multi-faceted drink, from how it is made to how to enjoy it. A bento lunch, round-trip transportation via customised Rolls-Royce or BMW and a gift of sake are included.
Founded in 1857, Izumibashi Shuzo is located in Ebina, a top rice-producing area in Kanagawa Prefecture, less than 60 kilometres from The Peninsula Tokyo. Unusual among sake producers, the brewery not only mills but also grows its own estate rice, affording you the opportunity to understand sake production from its earliest stage: in the field. You will also learn about Izumibashi’s special flat-milling process, which removes more fat and protein from each rice kernel, resulting in tastier sake; as well as the different flavour profiles of the drink when served chilled, at room temperature or heated.
JPY 164,000 for two persons
JPY 204,000 for three persons
JPY 245,000 for four persons
Prices include tax.
- The programme duration is 6 hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Advance reservation of three business days is required.
- The minimum number of persons is two and maximum number of persons is four.
- Minimum 20 years of age.
- The Rolls-Royce and BMW transfers provided as part of The Peninsula Academy programs are in partnership with Hinomaru Limousine Company.
- This programme is subject to availability