Experience Central Park like a “local-vore” with this unique tour that includes a two hour experience in Central Park with a professional guide who will identify edible items within this sprawling city green belt. While keeping with the park’s policy of “point-not-pluck”, the guide will walk guests through the park to hidden spots where delicate herbs and vegetables secretly grow in the wild. The tour is completed on Sheep Meadow, where a Page greets the guest with a delicious pre-set picnic using locally sourced ingredients.
This Peninsula Academy program brings the botanical bounty of urban parks to life with this interactive tour of one of the world's great city parks. The journey begins with a transformative walk from skyscraping Fifth Avenue to tree-scraping Central Park, where a private tour of the park by a botanical expert will point out what is edible and what to avoid in nature. The tour culminates with a pre-set picnic on Sheep Meadow using locally sourced ingredients, some of which you may have learned about during the tour.
US$ 550 for one
US$ 600 for two
US$ 650 for three
US$ 700 for four
US$ 75 for each additional person over a group of six
- The programme duration is 3 hours from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and is only available April through October.
- Advance reservation of two weeks is required.
- The maximum number of persons is six.
- Minimum 10 years of age; children must be accompanied by parents.
- This programme is subject to availability