Explore a real FDNY fire house and meet the fire fighters who keep New York City safe with this hands-on tour. Guests will receive an in-depth tour, learning about fire engines and what a day is like at the fire house. The Peninsula’s good friend Peter Bear will also join in with a special welcome.
This Peninsula Academy takes guests on a special behind-the-scenes tour of one of the famous New York fire houses, including an insider’s look at a real live, working fire house command center, and a tour of the fire trucks – and young guests receive their very own NYFD fire helmet! Special touches include an FDNY welcome amenity and treats to bring to the firefighters. All funds from this Academy will be donated to the FDNY.
Please keep in mind that the fire house you will visit is operational. Should the firefighters be called to assist with an emergency your visit will be postponed to later in the day or another time during your visit.
US$ 150 per person
- The programme duration is 1.5 hours between 10:30 am and 2:30 pm.
- Advance reservation of one week is required.
- The maximum number of persons is three.
- Minimum 4 years of age; children must be accompanied by parents.
- This programme is subject to availability