Cooking is not just for grownups anymore. With the popularity of reality TV shows with real-life kiddie chefs, children are curious to don a chef’s jacket and get creative with food. Lutong Pinoy: Sweet Cooking the Filipino Way allows children from ages 7 – 12 to learn excellent life skills in a fun, educational environment while delighting in making the quintessential Filipino cold dessert called halo-halo that is usually served at merienda (mid-morning or afternoon snack) time and which is a sure-fire winner to Mom and Dad’s heart.
Junior guests of The Peninsula Manila eager to learn the ABCs of easy-to-make Filipino desserts can join the class and learn how to make halo-halo which is a compound Tagalog (the Philippines’ national language) word for “mix-mix” because halo-halo means just that – to mix in a glass layers of cooked fruit, egg custard, pulses, shaved ice and ice-cream and eating it all with a spoon.
PHP 6,000 per child
Price includes taxes and refreshments.
Parents or adults may join for the same fee.
- The programme duration is 3 hours from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Schedule may vary per request of guest(s) and availability of chef.
- Advance reservation of two weeks is required.
- The minimum number of persons is two and maximum number of persons is six.
- Minimum 4 years of age, children below 7 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- This programme is subject to availability