Taal is a gem of a town in the Philippine province of Batangas. It is a rarity in that it has no large banks or department stores, no cinemas, no fast food outlets or traffic lights, just a priceless cluster of stately 18th and 19th-century Spanish-Filipino colonial homes that still stand in the town centre. This is the appeal of Taal, where time appears to have stopped, and where guests will get to experience the lifestyle of a bygone era.
This Peninsula Academy relives the lifestyle, customs and traditions of a wealthy Filipino home during the Spanish colonial period. Your journey starts in Villa Tortuga, a restored 19th-century bahay na bato (stone house) whose owner will host you to a typical provincial lunch and then take you to visit the centuries-old Basilica of St Martin de Tours before finishing with merienda (Philippine afternoon tea) at Casa Villavicencio.
PHP 65,000 for one
PHP 75,000 for two
PHP 85,000 for three
PHP 95,000 for four
Price includes taxes, transportation and meals.
- The programme duration is 12 hours from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Advance reservation of two weeks is required.
- The minimum numbers of person and two and maximum number of persons is six.
- Those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This programme is subject to availability