Ask a Peninsula pastry chef where they discovered their love of baking and chances are they'll say it was when they were children helping their mothers in the kitchen. Now they share their passion with young guests in the Young Pastry Chefs Academy. The 90-minute classes encourage discovery and creativity as the children learn the basics of baking and decorating, as well as kitchen safety techniques, in the hotel’s pastry kitchen.
In the hotel’s bustling pastry kitchen, the children don kid-sized monogrammed Peninsula chefs’ uniforms for a choice of baking experiences with the pastry chefs. Kids need to be at least six years old to participate in “The Joy of Cupcakes,” but only four years old for “Cookie Monsters.” Parents are welcome to watch as the chefs teach and inspire the children in the art – and fun – of baking and decorating cupcakes and cookies.
US$ 325 for one child
US$ 200 for each additional child
Prices include all expenses and taxes.
- The programme duration is 1.5 hours from 10:00 am to 11:30 am or from 2:00 pm to 3:30pm.
- Reservations are required 72 hours in advance.
- The maximum number of children is six.
- Minimum 6 years of age for "The Joy of Cupcakes" and minimum 4 years of age for "Cookie Monsters".
- This programme is subject to availability